All Web Leads
Accounting / Finance Lead
Austin, TX, United States
As Accounting Operations Manager at All Web Leads, you will be reporting to the VP of Finance & Controller and managing the Accounting Operations team, which includes Accounts Receivable (team of one direct report) and Accounts Payable (team of one direct report).
Responsibilities include overseeing the Company’s cash management, timely customer invoicing and vendor payments, supporting the team on any customer or vendor escalations, reviewing chargeback disputes, and managing the credit and collections processes.
Management of Accounts Payable function entails acting as the system administrator for Concur, our invoice and T&E approval tool. Month-end close journal entry responsibilities include preparation of revenue entries, credit card receivables, customer credits, AR allowance for doubtful accounts, sales tax, and various allocation entries.
Month-end close reviewer responsibilities include various AR and AP accrual journal entries and review of balance sheet reconciliations as well as review of customer invoices. Also responsible for monthly analytical reviews to support the month-end close process. Responsible for the preparation of monthly state sales tax filings.
Other responsibilities include reviewing semi-monthly and off-cycle payroll batches and ensuring all Accounting Operations-related items are accurately and timely completed for the month-end close. This position requires constant collaboration with team members and all departments across the Company. It’s vital that this person brings the highest level of customer service both internally and externally.
- Cash management, including maintaining a schedule of the daily cash balance with historic cash activity and future cash activity forecasted at a detailed level
- Manage the day-to-day processes of the Accounting Operations team and provide support and mentorship to further develop the team
- Work collaboratively with management and other departments in setting up new customer and vendor relationships, resolving escalations, and maintaining a high level of customer service
- Preparation and review of month-end close journal entries (including revenue recognition), balance sheet reconciliations, and analytics
- Support the team by managing all Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable-related responsibilities for the month-end close process, including review of balance sheet reconciliations
- Act as system administrator for Concur, our invoice and T&E approval tool
- Manage company credit card and expense reimbursement programs
- Preparation of monthly state sales tax filings and collections remittance
- Assist the finance department with cash flow forecasting
- Review semi-monthly and off-cycle payroll batches for accuracy
- Own relationships with credit card merchant processors and third-party collections agency
- Support the annual financial statement audit
- Prepare annual 1099 filing
- Implement, document, and maintain effective processes to ensure timely, accurate reporting
- Support the accounting team on special projects (e.g., system conversions, M&A activities, etc.) and workflow process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting highly preferred
- 7+ years of relevant accounting experience with demonstrated progression in responsibilities
- 2+ years of relevant management experience (supervisor with direct reports)
- Strong leadership and inter-personal skills
- ERP experience, specifically NetSuite, preferred
- Proactive and timely problem solver and “hands-on” leader who is collaborative, supportive, detail-oriented, organized, and adaptable to change
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint with ability to review and analyze large data sets (Excel skills, including pivot tables and v-lookups, sumif)
- Robust analytical skills and ability to work with a large volume of data
- Demonstrated aptitude for evaluating priorities and multi-tasking accordingly to meet deadlines is essential
- Highly detail-oriented, organized team player with strong communication skills
- Ability to evaluate priorities and manage time effectively
- Demonstrated ability to successfully taken on additional responsibility
- Positive and flexible attitude
AWL (All Web Leads, Inc.) is one of the most successful customer acquisition marketing companies in the US. Simply put, we help our customers acquire customers. Today, we do this for the US insurance industry. Our amazing team of over 1,000 talented and successful professionals uses Internet marketing to turn consumer interest in insurance products into policy sales for the world’s largest insurance carriers and more than 30,000 of their agents. We are Austin-born and our growth from a 2-person startup in 2005 to a highly profitable business has been remarkable. We are a tight-knit team with a fast paced, energetic, and entrepreneurial company culture that has been ranked a Best Places to Work in Austin for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021 and 2022. We provide competitive pay, outstanding benefits, and a fabulous, fun, collaborative environment that allows our people to be their best.